JOHNSON & JOHNSON INNOVATION CHAMPIONS OF SCIENCE STORYTELLING CHALLENGE – BioGENEius EDITION
Welcome BioGENEius Challenge Alumni!
As you all know, science impacts our daily lives in every imaginable way. Yet many people perceive science as mysterious, difficult or even dangerous. To continue to make progress, science needs champions!
One way to make science more relatable and human is through storytelling. Johnson & Johnson launched the Champions of Science Storytelling Challenge in 2018 to highlight the stories of passionate scientists and innovators around the world who are working to make an impact in their communities and around the world.
This contest is designed to uncover, stimulate awareness of science and create rich content by asking alumni to share the stories of their scientific journey and why they are Champions of Science.
Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Any BioGENEius alumni over the age of 18
- Short bio & photo
- A 250-500 word written story OR 2-3 minute video that discusses the following topics:
- How did you become interested in science? How did your interest evolve? Why are you passionate about science?
- What are you working on & why is it important? What impact do you hope your work will have on advancing human health?
- Why do you think it is important to tell stories of science?
- Would you encourage young people to pursue STEM careers and why?
- What role did the BioGENEius competition play in fostering your career and/or interest in science?
- Additional images that help tell your story are highly encouraged, but not required.
- If you are submitting a video, please click here for important video guidelines and tips!
**Applicant should have prior permission from any individual who is recognizable in a photo or video he/she wishes to include as part of his/her Application. The use of photo’s of an individual and/or the appearance of an individual in a photo or video shall not infringe the individuals’ right to privacy.**
- $5,000 prize
- Recognition as a J&J Champion of Science, publication in the Champions of Science compendium
- Invitation to attend BioGENEius/Biotechnology Institute 2019 events at BIO
- All valid stories to be published in the Champions of Science compendium via JNJInnovation.com
- How well does the story address the questions posed in the Challenge?
- How clearly does the story articulate the importance of science in society?
- How engaging is the story/presenter?
About Champions of Science:
Science touches our lives in every imaginable way. From antibiotics and telecommunications, to genomics, precision medicine and 3D printing, science has improved the human condition, leading to longer, healthier, happier lives for people all over the world. To continue to advance, science needs champions!
As a global healthcare company, the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is uniquely positioned to champion the role of science in society. Through our Champions of Science platform, we work to convene and catalyze champions of science, and engage people of all generations and backgrounds to see the unlimited opportunities that science brings.